Bridge Cottage, Available for Weekly Bookings (Fri to Fri)
This delightfully renovated country cottage is situated next to Twyford Wharf Narrow Boats on the South Oxford Canal. A perfect base for visiting the City of Oxford, Blenheim Palace, Silverstone and exploring the beautiful Cotswold villages that are nearby. There are also many NT properties explore.
- Delightfully renovated cottage situated next to the Oxford Canal
- Beautifully presented with a very cosy sitting room with log burner, dining room and modern kitchen, 3 bedrooms
- Central heating, electricity, towels and wiFi included. Initial supply of logs and a nice open area to the front with B-B-Q
- Perfectly placed for exploring the Cotswold’s villages, Woodstock, Burford, Stowe, Bourton-on-The Water, Blenheim Palace, Sulgrave Manor, Silverstone (15 mins) and the City of Oxford. A little further afield – Warwick Castle, Stratford-Upon-Avon and the highly acclaimed Bicester Village for all your shopping needs!
- Possible 40ft narrow boat, if available, could be hired from the property for a day’s cruise on the Oxford Canal
Perfectly placed this delightful cottage lies between the villages of Adderbury and King’s Sutton where you will find some great pubs offering great food and drink. There is much to explore in the wider area with Oxford being nearby and the Cotswold villages of Stowe-on-the-Wold and Burford. Silverstone racing circuit is only a 20-minute drive away. Twyford Wharf Narrow Boats also operate a Day Boat, ‘Comet’, which may be available to hire during your stay, if not previously booked. Enjoy a day cruising along the canal, visiting a great pub for lunch, cream tea and returning to the Wharf around 5 pm.
Step inside Bridge Cottage and you will immediately find yourself in the lovely kitchen area. To your left lies the dining room and the cosy lounge with a welcoming wood burner in an inglenook fire surround. Here, comfy sofas are arranged around a large TV with Freeview available. The front stable door means you can let in fresh air when the weather permits and look out onto the front enclosed garden area. Located on the ground floor there is a small downstairs cloakroom, dining room, lounge and good sized kitchen with a breakfast table. In the kitchen, you will find a large fridge/freezer, microwave, gas hob, cooker, dishwasher and washing machine. Climbing the cottage stairs you will find three pretty bedrooms, the first being a double with TV, enquire and facilities and WC. The middle bedroom is a single only with the third bedroom being a double, with TV, sharing a further bathroom with a walk-in shower, bath and WC.